Thursday, May 8, 2008

Things here... Good Luck Steppy... Way to go Bergies

Life in Spain has been pretty uneventful for me the past week so sorry for the lack of blogs. My excitement is leaving the house so I suppose I can update you on that. Monday I was an overachiever around the house... made some chicken noodle soup (grandma would be proud), swept the floor (hopping on one foot), went to the gym, and walked outside of my house to sit on a bench. haha. However, on Tuesday my lower back was paying for all the things I did. I woke up, and could hardly get out of bed my back hurt so bad. Luckily, it is just the muscle tensing up and nothing serious. I took an Aleve and felt a lot better that day, but my day revolved around the 'most comfortable couch in Menorca.' Yesterday, I had a hair appt and shopped around a lil bit. I was going through withdrawals since I haven't even been able to look in a store for the past 2 weeks! I also wanted to look for something new for Javi's last game tomorrow. Last night I had a massage for my lower back and that was great too. I just need to be petted or massaged and I am a happy camper. Javi does have his last and final game tomorrow in Menorca. Tonight his team goes into 'concentration.' After practice they are going to stay at a hotel in Menorca until their game tomorrow. I don't quite understand the coach's theory on this because staying in a hotel makes it seem like they are playing an away game...and their record on the road this year is awful (I think they have won a whopping 2 games). He also doesn't realize they are about to kill each other, but he thinks its good team bonding. Yeahhh right! So hopefully they do win tomorrow. It will make dinner a lot better for everyone if it ends on a positive note!
My sister, Stephanie, is getting her knee scoped today so there will be two of us on crutches for a few days. I was teasing my mom that she will go to Stephanie's surgery, but she didn't come to mine. I guess I will let it slide, since I did tell her 12 hours before my surgery. Good Luck Steppy!! (Also, there is a vote for you to get a job in Spain too--I don't know who voted for Spain?)

And last but not least, one of my good friends and ex-players at UWGB, Natalie Berglin was released from the WNBA team, the Connecticut Sun today. She signed a contract back in March with them, played in the first 2 exhibition games, and did awesome! The only bad thing is that she re-injured her shoulder (after having shoulder surgery last summer) and it's possible she will have to have surgery again. I had a great feeling that she was going to make it, but unfortunately they waived her yesterday. I am so proud my Bergies and happy for her because what a great experience and we all know she can ball!! :)

Natalie and I

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Sara!

Things must be getting bad when you have a survery on what kind of animal you want to be!! I personally want to be a "little white Jack Russll"! Life would be good--sleeping on the kitchen table-snuggling with mostly everyone that comes around-chasing a ball--and pretty much getting your way all the time! Kinda like you=)! JK! Okay I have to get to work--another short day at work! Hey you have to put a plug out there for the 1st "Fur & Feather" swap at the feed mill--anything goes--furs-feathers--and this year live music by Maudie! It's going to be fun!! Okay talk to you later!

Love Mother

Ms. Boyer said...

hahahahahah, yeah i agree mom! who puts a poll for what kind of animal you'd want to be? :) only three horn!

Anonymous said...

thanks snarl! hahaha bring your crutches home and we can have a crutch race!