Yesterday I went for my 4 week check-up with the doc and the plan was to remove the cast! Things went well the 2 weeks prior except one little fall at the gym one day, which I must say wasn't my fault (since nothing is EVER my fault) It was my crutch's fault. The metal on the crutch poked through the rubber bottom and as I was leaving the gym, the metal slipped on the tile floor and down I went. I did use my injured leg to land, and it felt a bit weird but afterwards I was fine. More scared if anything. I was worried the stitches would open, but nothing did happen since I still had the cast on. So after my appointment yesterday, I have a boot and my foot was changed to a 90 degree angle. Pretty much looks like a big ski boot. I don't know which one is heavier/ bulkier/ more annoying..the boot or the cast, but I think the boot might win. The only nice thing is that I am able to take the boot off to shower. I still need to use the crutches for 2 more weeks, but I can put some of my body weight on the boot. The doc also said everything is going great...and the tendon is going how it should.
My foot hurts the most now than it has this entire time. Worse than the night I tore it. I think I slept 3 hours last night because it was so uncomfortable. The funny thing is, it's not my tendon that hurts. Its the top of my foot. Everyone says it is normal because I haven't used it for 4.5 weeks and now that I can move it a little bit or even have some range of motion in my foot, the result is painful. My analogy to mom today was lifting weights. If you have never lifted weights before, the first time is going to hurt. You will be sore the next day, etc... well since I basically have no muscle in my left leg...I am starting all over again. It is obvious my muscle is gone... my foot looks limp and swollen and I feel like I have no control over it. Hopefully being able to use it a little more now will get the circulation going, and then I will start with rehab in 2 weeks. ON the positive side, my right leg is stronger than ever as well as my upper body! I know everyone will think I am crazy when I say this and laugh, but I am able to do a one-legged guy push up now... actually more than one like 10-15, and I could never do this before the injury! So wahhoooo! That made me happy. And sometimes I don't use the crutches because they are annoying to pick up which results in me hopping all over the house so the right leg has gotten a workout. Another positive note I told Javi the other day was that at least I had a cute doctor who operated on me. He isn't the cutest man on Earth, but somewhat attractive and young so that always make the appointments go better! :) Over and out...and I will post some pics of my foot soon!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Only you would use an injury like this as an opportunity to master one legged push-ups! Glad it's healing though! =)
Only 10-15 push-ups? Dad and I are up to 25-30 now, so you better catch up!! (That's in our dreams you know!) Only you--Sara!!
Talk to you soon!
Mother
lol woohoo 10-15 1 legged guy push ups congrats sister. I have recently mastered drinking 10-15guy beers in one night....JK.
Super woman!!that's what you are! Or should I say Super Sara! That's sounds better. Glad to read that all is healing well. You go girl!!
Love you! Auntie Gretchen
good I am a little sad that there will bno more class but at least Ie have spent quite bien.Dile to note is that your mother you want an egg and a large part of another xd.jo have left when all the troops Sara for dinner or go to gana loca ^.^ and one more thing thank you for all you are the best teacher of the galaxi and more bigest of my sun .Ei i'm talkin a lot write something in my part of the blog to now something about the things of your live plis AND REMENVER MI OR GANA LOCA XD
Post a Comment