Wednesday, May 21, 2008

End of the season and Jess comes to visit

The last few weeks I have had a few things going on. Javi finished his basketball season so we had a lot of team dinners the days following the last game. They lost their last game 105-103, but luckily another team in the league lost as well so Vive Menorca will stay in the ACB. The gym was crazy the night of the game... they gave away 2,000 trumpets and it was annoyingly loud! We also found out some good news from our friends Carlos and Estela, they are expecting a little niƱo in January so Congratulations to them!!




Vive Menorca gym


Girlfriends-wives-sisters of the players-Sara, Yadira, Me, Barbara, Estela, and Gina


The day after the game one of Javi's teammates, Marko, had a BBQ at his house. It was good food and a lot of fun.


Javi and I (I am wearing Marko´s hat and sunglasses)
Javi with his teammates


The following Wednesday the Vive Menorca Basketball Club hosted the end of the year team dinner at a restaurant in Ses Salines, a town nearby. We went there in buses, enjoyed some appetizers, a huge dinner, wine, then went home. The seafood was some of the best I have had here!! Straight from the sea!


Group shot after the dinner



My friend Shaila and I enjoying the crabs :)


Last but not least, my good friend Jess came to visit me this past weekend. Javi went to her husband's bacherlor party in Zaragoza for the weekend so Jess came here. I always have a great time with Jess so it is always fun when she comes. We went to dinner on Friday night in one of my favorite restaurants here. Saturday, we took advantage of the sunny weather, went to two beaches to relax and chat, then went to dinner that night with my friend Paul and his girlfriend, Barbara. I also took Jess to this place called, Covas d'en Xoroi, which is a bar built inside of a cave overlooking the sea. During the day, it is more of a touriat attraction and at night it turns into a club. It is a pretty impressive and very beautiful place. Here are a few pics...



This is part of Las Covas...Jess took this from another side of the cave.
Part of the cave...one bar is to the left
Jess and I sitting in the sun

Saturday night, after dinner we met up with some more friends and here we are taking a shot of tequila!
On Sunday, we went to eat lunch in the port of a town nearby and relaxed the rest of the day. It was a great weekend and I always enjoy her company! Thanks Jess! Javi and I are really looking forward to their wedding this summer in Zarautz (in the north of Spain). Also, I don't know who is worse..Jess or Javi when it comes to being clean.. in a matter of 2 hours, she had her whole suitcase scattered around the house!!

3 comments:

Journey to our baby said...

I love reading your blogs Sara, the names of these places sound so exotic! Looks like you are getting around well if you can climb the side of that mountain to get to the cave bar :)

Anonymous said...

And to think we are over here praying for your recovery and get well soon. Meanwhile you are dining and wining the countryside and hanging out on beaches.
Love-Kevin

Anonymous said...

good I am a little sad that there will bno more class but at least Ie have spent quite bien.Dile to note is that your mother you want an egg and a large part of another xd.jo have left when all the troops Sara for dinner or go to gana loca ^.^ and one more thing thank you for all you are the best teacher of the galaxi and more bigest of my sun .Ei i'm talkin a lot write something in my part of the blog to now something about the things of your live plis AND REMENVER MI OR GANA LOCA XD