Jess, me, and JeffA few weeks ago Javi and I were in Madrid because he had a Saturday game in Toledo, a town outside of Madrid, and we were able to stay until Monday with our friends Jess and Rafa. It was a long weekend of eating and drinking, but also a lot of fun. We both love being there! I left Lleida on Friday and spent some time with Jess walking around Madrid. El Corte Ingles which is a basically a big department store here always puts up Xmas designs every year and there is one in downtown Madrid that is considered to be the best. I took a picture of 'Cortylandia'! I think Steph and Joe saw the creation the year they came to Madrid. We went to dinner with her hubby and friends that night
Cortylandia
This is the big tree they put up near the Atocha train stationOn Saturday, we worked out, hung around at their place then drove to Toledo for the game. Javi's team got smoked, but we went to eat at our favorite restaurant, Menta y Canela, and went out for awhile with Jess, Rafa, and two other friends, Aleix and Nacho. We stayed out for awhile on Saturday, but I think everyone was a little tired. I am also starting to get real sick of the basketball coaches in Spain and have come to the conclusion that they are all dumb.
Boys being boysSunday, we woke up, and went to eat lunch at this other great place where basically you eat really cheap, get wayyyy tooo much food, and it's all seafood. This restaurant, Tulipan, is also known for their fabada, which is sort of like a bean soup kinda of thing with different seafood in it. It is really good, and a typical MadrileƱo dish. All the basketball players always go eat at this place beause the food is great and they give you a lot. Afterwards the boys went together and Jess, my pregnant friend Sarah, and I went for a walk in Parque de L'Oeste and that is where we took the picture below that I reallllly like!

ALl of the food at Tulipan

Me, Jess, and Sarah who is due any day now
2 comments:
yuppy yuppy! I saw the set up of that place!! awwwwww makes me want a churro and a cerveza con de limon :)
That Christmas tree is huge! We are booking tickets this week!!!!!!!
Post a Comment