Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mis Niños

A recent pic of Javi and I

I know it has been awhile since I have blogged, but I feel like I haven't had anything real important to write about! I was going to post some pics from Halloween at the English Academy and the secretary still hasn't given me the pictures. Once she does, I will post them and show you some of my students. All of the teachers were witches and mostly all of the student's dressed up. Some more proud than others... the 13, 14, and 15 yr olds that I teach brought their costumes in their bag and then put them on once they got there. God forbid, if they were spotted on the street in a costume!! My two 11 yr old boys, who didn't even have class that day, came to the Academy decked out in costumes because they are a bunch of goofballs and wanted to be in on the excitement. They also dressed up on Halloween day in my class.

Javi's team has been doing really well as of lately. They are on a 3-game win streak and their schedule has been pretty tough and their last 5 games were against the better teams in his league. Two of those games they won on the road so I think that is always encouraging since it is tougher to play away. He has been playing well too so he is happy.
The only new news I have to share is that I have been helping out at a daycare the past two weeks. One of my friend's who owns the daycare needed some help because one of her workers took vacation for 3 weeks. I am filling in for her in the mornings from 11-1. It has been interesting to say the least. I work with all the 2 year olds and there are 14 of them. Stacey--if you think Ellie is moving a lot now, just wait another year. These kids are all over the place and some of them are really good while others aren't. There is this set of twins, Claudia and Sonia, and I am not sure if they don't listen, don't understand, or don't really care yet, but they can be devil twins. Anything you don't want them to get into, they get into, and the second you turn your back--they are back in it. For example, we need to clean the room before we leave... well Sonia and Claudia are always trying to suck on the cap of the disinfectant spray, playing with the broom or dustpan, and while one of them is doing that, the other one is pushing a chair next to the door to turn the key to open it and leave the room. Natalia, the other teacher, told me she found Claudia in the bathroom the other day with her head under the running water in the sink!! They are cute kids, but know how to get into mischief. Another little Russian girl, Sonia, in the class is a really sweet cute girl--Doesn't speak Spanish or Catalan (not sure if she understands English), but speaks Russian--which no on else obviously speaks. She tends to be fine every day up until the point where nap time rolls around. It is straight crying from there on out until she falls asleep. She is my little buddy though, I think because we are the only two blondes in the class. :) My new favorite Spanish kids' name is Didac. There is a little Didac in my class that is a cutie... Ines, Elsa, Iker, Hugo (ooo-go), Paula, Josep (Ju-sep), Oriol, Arial, and Blanca are some of the other kids names. I do enjoy being there, some days more than others, because it keeps me busy. I will get some pictures of them before I finish working there and show you their cute faces!
Otherwise, Javi plays here on Friday at 9:00 pm (3:00 pm EST), www.febtv.com if anyone is interested in watching. I will try to post quicker the next time!! Hasta la proxima...

3 comments:

Stacey said...

It's about time!! I have been checking every day waiting for something new! =)

Anonymous said...

Yes Sara,it's about time you updated.Glad to hear Javi's team is doing well....and that you are busy everyday also...I'll bet all those little ones are so cute. See you soon.

Love,
Aunt Sandy

Anonymous said...

Uh oh Sarita are you prego? haha jk! Tell your one little girl she can move to America to live with me and JOe next year...we need another roomie! hahaha :)