Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A New Look and my recent trips

So I decided to get extensions put into my hair, since I have never really had long hair in my life. They were an early Christmas present from Javi, and I am still getting used to them. I don't know how people can have such long hair sometimes--it tends to be a little annoying so here are a few things I have realized that I don't enjoy about long hair.
1. Having wet hair on my back after a shower--eeeeeewwww
2. Putting it into a pony tail is a pain in the a&%
3. Takes a long time to dry and fix
4. It gets a lot of snarls
5. It is always falling in your face
Ok, so I know you are thinking well, 'why in the heck did you get extensions,' but there are some positives as well and I think it is just a matter of time and something I need to get used to. Here are some pics of my new do!

Me in Zaragoza (city nearby)


The back shot

A few weekends ago I went to Madrid for my friend, Sarah's baby shower. It was a lot of fun and nice to see the majority of my friends. They all live in Madrid so it's always fun to go there. We had a Sunday brunch for Sarah, played a few games, and chatted the whole time. The Spanish people loved the baby shower since those don't really exist over here. 'Us Americans' have to have parties for everything..or so they say... but they liked it.


The girls

We played a game where Sarah had to guess which baby we were...Can you find me on the table?? I am realllllly cute!

Jess and Leanne decorating
Last weekend, Javi played away in Valladolid, so I went to visit Jess in Zaragoza which is only an hour and a half away from Lleida. Her hubby is from there so I took the train to have lunch with them. I was going to drive but we were having some issues with the insurance so I took the train to be safe, plus I love the train. It was 45 min! So we had lunch, then Jess showed me around Zaragoza, and after some convincing, I decided to stay there for the night. When I went to change my ticket, I ended up missing the train anyways so it all worked out. We had a fun night and I came back the next morning around 1 pm. On another positive note, Javi won his game and had a great game to top it off--15 pts, 8 assts, and 6 rebs.

Jess and I in Zaragoza-not sure who the random guy is

A really pretty church...you can't see the colors in this pics but there are green and blue tiles in certain places on the roof.

This was supposed to symbolize Columbus discovering America...the water and the land. Not exactly sure about the story.

As for the rest of the week, not much planned. I am in charge of carving a pumpkin at the English Academy and I need to come up with some sort of a costume. Javi plays here on Friday--Halloween! I also was happy to find out that I received 2 A's for my summer school courses I took! yayyy!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Good job on your classes! I think your last paper was the best! =)

Sue said...

Love the hair - I've always wanted to do that!