Monday, October 6, 2008

A Little Road Trip to El Pont de Suert

Saturday night, I was looking at running races on http://www.runners.es/ that take place in the Catalunya region and I came across a half marathon that was on Nov 2nd in Lleida. The name of the town was called El Pont de Suert, but was considered Lleida, I guess. Well, I did some more research and it happened to be about 118 km away from here in the mountains. I looked up El Pont de Suert online and it looked like a cute little town so I begged Javi to go exploring on Sunday since we had NOTHING to do all day. So we left around 1:30, got there around 3, ate lunch and walked around the little pueblo. It took awhile to get there because it was 2 lanes the entire way and once you hit the mountains it was a pretty curvy drive. I am not sure how they can run a half marathon there because I don't think there is 13.1 miles to this place, but it was beautiful regardless. It was a typical 'ski town.' It was along a river in the mountains and known for their adventure sports so it would be a fun place to visit in the spring for kayaking, hiking, etc...I don't know if I will do the half or not but we'll see...We are very close to France and Andorra (2 hours or so) this year so hopefully we will have a reason to go there some day (hint hint..visitors) Here are some pictures from our excursion.
Us along the rivernot sure what this was because everything was closed
Walking the streets


Me posing on the bridge
Javi thought this was a good spot for a pic
A church

The streets
A view on the drive up
Another pretty one

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Looks fun! We will go to France! PS - why is your blog all screwed up??