I don't know which is worse--- when I am sick or when Javi is? Every year, Javi gets a long weekend off and we always go exploring to a new city/country in Europe or just around Spain and go figure, on his ONE weekend off he gets a fever and our plans came to a halt. He ended up catching a fever on Thursday night and didn't feel well all weekend, and finally started to perk up today. I was Dr. Boyer for the weekend because of course, all of my remedies work the best because I NEVERRRR get sick--I really don't or it's rare when I do. I am a big believer in drinking a lot of water, working out, and the 'apple a day' theory (I swear it works)! He was laughing at me, but I guarantee if he would have thrown the 'break a sweat for 20 minutes and sit in the sauna' idea into his routine for the weekend--he would have felt better sooner. But, maybe I just have good genes too and am tougher. :) I can tell he is feeling better though because his now he has turned into Mr Jokey Jokester. However, I do think there is something going around because a lot of people haven't been feeling good. Javi's mom has had a fever (102 degrees) for the past 11 days and they still don't know what she has so hopefully the doctor's can figure it out soon.
Regardless of Javi being sick, I still managed to have an eventful weekend. Friday night, I hung out with my friend, Chiska, and we always manage to have a lot of fun. Saturday, we took her dogs for a walk then went to a pueblo nearby called Borges Blanques to see a Olive Oil fair. BORGES is a famous brand of olive oil and there were all kinds of different types of olives, oils, olive pastes, etc for the people to try. It was right up my alley being able to sample all the foods! :) I bought a big jar of olives for us to enjoy here.

That night was spent watching the movie Transsiberian with Javi, watching the UWGB women play on the internet, and chatting via Skype and webcam to the family for Ellie's 1st birthday. Javi and I were commenting on how things can change in a year--last year it was bean bag parties with the adults drinking cervezas and now there are kids running all over the place!
The weather was very warm here last week, but now it has taken a turn for 'cold' again. I have never seen such weird weather, in general, so who knows what will happen next. I must say, I wans't complaining when it was 50 degrees here!
That's all I have to report so here is to a healthy week!
Mom--this is the plant I told you I bought. Just so everyone knows, that yellow leaf there was green and now it's yellow??
A picture of us last week
At the olive oil fair... this wasn't where the olive oil was, but outside there were all kinds of stands selling random things
View from our bedroom window....thought the contrast of the sun-darkness was neat
3 comments:
well aren't you just "miss I take cool pictures"...miss I take cool pictures....quick name that movie. O wait nobody will get that because that is only something I would watch :)
Ok Sara, it's time to update again. It's been a few weeks now. Hope all is well there.
Love, Aunt Sandy
Olive oil fair...awesome!!!! I bet you have the best olive oil there.
Post a Comment