Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where do I start?

Well, I know it has been almost a month since my last update so I don't even know where to start. It went by wayyy tooo fast as always and I was crazy busy which always seems to happen so here is a brief update on my vacation at home...
Went home Dec 17th-Shannon and Anders got married--rehearsal dinner, gift opening, lots of family--it was awesome, everything was beautiful, great day, lots of fun, and they both said I DO! My family from out-of-town hung around a few days after the wedding so that was fun to spend some more time with them. Congrats again Shandy and glad I could be a part of your special day!!
Before Christmas, I had the chance to meet up with some old high school friends and we whooped it up in Gladstone and Rapid River one night which ended up being a lot of fun. It was great to see some of those girls.

Then it was Christmas Eve so my mom, dad, gram and I went to church, then we went to my gramnda and grandpa Boyer's house for the annual Christmas Eve party, which was fun. Christopher Reeve made an appearance and a good time was had by all playing with the wheelchair. After the party, we went home and opened presents. Santa was very good to me, as always, and I loved everything I got so I was very happy and thankful.
Christmas morning I woke up and didn't feel the best... think I had a touch of the flue and just felt extremely exhausted. May have been a mixture of jet lag and sleeping a max of 6 hours every night and all of the excitement. Everytime I go home, I think I am over excited and don't really sleep a whole lot. Anywho, the party went on at Grandma Holmquist's house and everything was great like always.

After Christmas, I headed down to Green Bay to visit friends I hadn't seen yet since I had been home. Also, to stay in our place for a few nights. It is really nice coming home to our house--I must say. Javi will be excited this summer. So I ran around in Green Bay and had some people over at our place for a Mexican themed New Year's Eve. Ellie even got to come over for awhile with mom and dad on NYE so that was nice. I really miss seeing Miss Ellie, along with everyone else, but she is so much fun right now. Shannon and Anders made the trip up from Madison after their Jamaican honeymoon with my kitchen table--oh wait, they FORGOT to bring it-which was ONE of the reaons they were coming, and that called for some quick thinking. Luckily, I was able to get some card tables so we had somewhere to sit. Steph and Joe ditched out on us this year. :P
I headed back up to the U.P. for a few days after New Years and just spent some more time with the fam and friends. I got to take a lot of saunas, see some good movies, enjoy TV in English and good TV for that matter, and the last few days I packed in a lot of dinners-lunches-coffees with some more friends down in Green Bay. I was able to take a road trip with Ellie and see my friend, Elizabeth, and her new baby, Isabella so that was a lot of fun. I was sad to leave, but I knew the Javster was getting lonely in Lleida too.

So here I am now, back in EspaƱa. It always takes a week or so to get adjusted and realize how I prefer the states so much more to here :), but once I get into the swing of things it is all good. Since I have been back, I have started up my English classes and I really like my students this semester. Some of my classes have changed, but definitely for the better. My academy is offering a free language class voted on by all the teachers, and it will be French, so I am going to start practicing my French again. It should be interestinggggg. :) Javi cut his lip a few weeks ago in a game and had to get 2 staples put in...you would have sworn he broke both of his legs by how much of a baby he was being--I got slightly annoyed needless to say. I went to the dog pound last week, with Chiska, one of my friends here. We may adopt a dog sometime this spring so I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping Javi gives in. Last Saturday in the center of Lleida, it was the day of San Antoni and you are allowed to bring your pets to get blessed outside of the church. Chiska and I went with her two dogs and the priest came out and threw water on all the pets' heads. It was really cute. They even had a parade of all these animal floats so you will see a few pics below. Javi is in Tenerife now and plays tomorrow night. HIs team has lost the their last 2 games so hopefully they get a win tomorrow. Well, there there is my long story short... haha! I am looking forward to the visitors coming this spring (Stacey, Colin, Kevin, Danielle, and maybe my friend, Anne)--I will definitely be the 'tour guide of Spain' after these visits! Have a super weekend!! ADIOS!!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from my time at home and some recent ones in Lleida. The running pictures are from myfirst Spanish 10K that I ran in before I left for the States. I finished 5th overall for the women and it was a fun race. I almost died the last kilometer because it was literally uphill and steep the entire way. Javi's teammate, Alberto, took the pictures. He is a big fan of photography and he was pumped to take pictures that morning. Gracias Alberto!




Javi and I after the race

Start of the race

Stretching pre-race


Imagine this face x 2 for a few days...his cut. :)


Elizabeth, Izzy, Ellers and I


Gram even busted a move at the wedding



The bride and bridesmaids at the rehearsal dinner



Shanny and I on NYE



Dad and I on Xmas day



Mom and Ellie playing with Nelly


Marley and I..hahah



Sitas on Xmas day minus Shanny.



My night out with my high school friends



Snowy day


Sippin on my bottle


Beautiful bride :)


FamilyJavi and I



One of the floats at the pet blessing
Chiska with her dogs, Daisy (bottom left) and Skippy



The priest blessing the animals Chiska and I made the front page of the newspaper! Yeah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Javi and Sara, thanks for the update, I really enjoy these blogs ,such a good way to keep in touch. So nice to see pictures of everyone. With any luck Christopher can make an appearance next year as well..he he he....talk with ya soon,take care
Love,
Aunt Sandy

Anonymous said...

Yayyyy you updated!!! And it was more like you ditched out on MQT for NYE than us ditching GB!!!! :p Come home in April so we can play gold medals yayayayayayaya!

Anonymous said...

So if Javi got two staples what did the other look like?

Kevin

Anonymous said...

I meant what did the other guy look like? I must have been thinking faster then my two fingers can type.

Kevin

Ms. Boyer said...

ONLY you would get a picture with the cardboard cut out of Marley....and mention the kitchen table! Get over it already!!! :) Love you sita!!!!!

Stacey said...

Yeah to blog updates =) The race pics are cool too =)