Well a lot has happened in the past few months...here is an update on our summer thus far!
We left Menorca in early June and went directly to Javi's parent's house in Badalona, Spain, which is a suburb of Barcelona. We spent a week and a half there visiting with his parents, sister, cousins, grandma, and friends. I started rehab on June 9th at a rehab center in Badalona and I did that for 8 days until we left for the north of Spain. My rehab went really well and I was happy I could get started right away. I also spent my first birthday in Spain this year. I got some really nice presents from his family and then I got to choose dinner for the night so Javi had to suck it up and eat sushi. We went to a trendy restaurant called Parco in Barcelona and had a great time. We had a few drinks afterwards at a place nearby then called it a night. The night after my birthday, we went out for another birthday dinner with his family at a restaurant near his house where we always go when I am there. We also found out some exciting news from his sister and her boyfriend that night--they are engaged and will be getting married on May 30, 2009. Congrats to Ainara and Fernando! We are both looking forward to their wedding. Javi is more worried about having to listen to his sister for the next 10 months! Javi gave me a bike for my birthday so 'against the doctors orders' I started riding the next day because I HADDDDD to try it out. I did take it slow.. no hills and I didn't stand up on the bike and I progressively got better every day. The rest of the week we hung out in Badalona and went out one night in Barcelona with friends. On the 17th, we headed up to the north of Spain in Zarautz for our friends' wedding. (Jess and Rafa) Zarautz was a beautiful place... I would highly recommend it to anyone for a summer getaway. We were lucky the first few days--had great weather so we were on the beach a lot. I definitely got a great tan while I was there and my achilles got a lot better from being in the water. The first day I arrived in Zarautz, I went in the water and it was the first day I was able to walk without my crutches so every day after, I was in the water. Javi and I went to Bilbao one day to see his family for his uncle's 50th birthday and spent the night with his mom, dad, aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was a lot of fun besides that our whole outdoor meal got ruined from the rain. Started pouring and there was so much it caved all the tents in so it was a wet afternoon. The Spaniards know how to celebrate a 50th birthday party too! We headed back to Zarautz for the rest of the time and had a lot of fun. I was able go to San Sebastian as well for a day and that is a beautiful town. I went with Jess, her mom, and mother-in-law for her dress fitting so Jess' mom and I had some time to bum around while she was getting her hair practiced on as well. The wedding ended up being a lot of fun and lasting until about 7 in the morning. We made it until 5:30 am, and by that time my achilles was just a tad swollen!! I have lots of pictures from our month in Spain which I will post as soon as I get a computer to upload my pictures! As for now, we are in the process of looking for a place in Green Bay, and spending time with family and friends.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, post some pictures!!!
Hooray Sara..finally updated some new stuff and exciting stuff also..Hope to see you guys sometime before Javi leaves...let us know when you guys are up this way.Love, Aunt Sandy P.S I don't know about you and Brett though...
Post a Comment