Last Wednesday, Javi surprised me with tickets to the Beyoncé, I AM SASHA FIERCE, concert in Barcelona. I had been bugging him for the past month about going to it, and he finally gave in with some constant nagging from me and his friend/teammate, Alberto. We kept telling him how great it would be so the three of us went. It was a great concert and it's amazing how she can dance and sing. She sounds just as good live as she does on her cd. She also sang a good mix of her older songs from Destiny's Child and all her other cd's.
I was really surprised at the lack of people at the concert... when we walked in the floor was only halfway full so we walked up pretty close to the stage. This was another reason I wanted to go because in the USA, this would literally be impossible. I didn't think it would sell out, and it definitely didn't. There were around 8,000 people, but a lot of them were seated and the floor space wasn't even full. So I was allowed to jump around and sing along the whole time. I think Javi was also pretty impressed with her performance (how can you not be??) and the three of us had a super time!!
We are in the process of packing up again for the year. I can't believe how fast this year flew by and that another one of Javi's basketball seasons is over. His team didn't make the play-offs because another team that had to lose, won. We don't know anything about where we will be next year and right now in Spain there are a lot of clubs that are financially in trouble. Javi's club being one of them...a lot of them don't have money and him and his team haven't gotten paid for the past two months now. Hopefully, the whole situation will be better next year.
As for me, this is is my last week of teaching and it has been a great year. I had a lot of great students and really enjoyed all of my classes and the places I was teaching at. I would love to come back here again next year because I have made a lot of great friends and really love the city. It would also be nice to come back instead of having to move again, but we'll see what happens.
This week we will have to finish packing up and on Saturday Javi's sister, Ainara, is getting married. I am excited to see my first Spanish wedding and I know it will be a lot of fun. Ainara and her fianceé, Fernando, are getting married in Barcelona at 6:00 pm then having their reception at the Juan Carlos I hotel, which I have been told is a 5-star, beautiful place. Everything starts a little bit later especially if it's a night wedding since they eat dinner here at 10:00pm...the reception also lasts until 5 or 6 am. They don't have bridesmaids or groomsmen, but they do have witnesses and Javi is the padrino (godfather) which means he has to give his sister a flower to wear and give a speech. It will be interesting to see the differences. Hopefully, Javi will get the 'wedding itch'!!! He just laughs at this comment! haha! After the wedding, I will be heading home on June 2nd and Javi will come sometime shortly after. I can't wait!!
3 comments:
Hi Sara - that concert would have been Awesome!!! I am not a concert goer - but I would have been at that one for sure. Have a safe trip home and I will see you soon. I hope Javi gets the wedding itch too :)
Suzy
I agree, I think that would have been an awesome concert. Happy packing and wedding! Congrats to Airana and Fernando! Ellie and I will be at the airport to greet you in less than a week! =)
Very jealous of the concert! And Javi would be a very lucky guy "IF" you said yes, tell him that lol! Have a safe trip home and hope to see you at the reunion;)
Post a Comment