Sunday, March 29, 2009

Visitors Galore!

Yes, I know it has been forever since I last updated, but I have been a busy little bee and playing 'hostess with the mostest for the past 2.5 weeks.' On March 8th, my old college teammate and friend, Anne, came to visit for 8 days. The morning she flew out, Stacey and Colin arrived to visit for another 8 days. I will update slightly backwards-- first with Stacey and Colin's visit.


We were really happy Stacey and Colin were able to see and experience Spain and of course visit us before Baby #2 comes along. I enjoyed myself very much when they were here--it brought back memories of the good ol' days of when I was 'technically' their first child and lived with them. We shared a lot of laughs and here are some of my highlights from the trip (besides the obvious fun things of being in Lleida, Madrid, and Barcelona).
1. Colin learned a new occupation to bring back to the States if one day he gets sick of the technology field--being a statue. (Lots of people in Madrid and Barcelona dress up as statues and do certain things if people give them money) I think his top statues choices are a surfer, clown, soccer player, and I recommend Chewbacca. I believe in the picture below he was practicing the surfer pose.

2. Stacey and Colin took advantage of 'sleeping in.' I warned them that the rooms get really dark here due to the shades and that they would sleep forever. By the time they left, Stacey's bedtime was midnight and she woke up around noon! :) However, it was some well-needed rest for Mom and Baby. I also think Colin liked the Spanish siestas during the day.
3. The phrase 'I promise, the next *insert church, castle, cathedral, restaurant, store, here* is right around the corner--we don't have much further to walk' was said several times! The last day when we were walking around Barcelona, I was starting to feel pressure and was afraid to get lost because I think they would have killed me if I did. Needless to say, we did our share of walking and I think they were ready to sit for 10 hours on the plane ride back.
4. Colin was able to remove the broken light bulb socket above our kitchen table. The glass exploded one day so there was nothing to grasp onto to take it out, but he got it out of there so I was happy. Since my little city boy thought you had to pull the light bulb out and not turn it!!

5. Stacey and Colin had to come all the way to Spain to see my new favorite movie, BOLT. Of course they both loved how ridonculous it was and the picture below says it all, if you have seen it that is, but I think I will forever laugh at this picture.


6. I tried to capture every moment of their trip just so they didn't forget... Colin and Stacey walking, Colin and Stacey eating, Colin and Stacey walking some more, Colin having a beer, Stacey eating churros with chocolate, Stacey getting on the train, Stacey and Colin sitting on the train, etc... but I got yelled at by Javi when I tried taking a picture of them napping and when they told me they didn't want to be in every picture! There are a few pics below of the memorable moments!
Churros with chocolate


7. Our restaurant choices were all successes and they got a good experience of typical Spanish food/wine/desserts. Stacey told me before they came how they were looking forward to going out to eat so we took them to all of our favorite spots. Colin, Stacey, and I also found a new restaurant in Barcelona that we all really liked so I am excited to bring Javi back there. They both were good sports about trying everything and I don't think they left hungry.
8. We had some 'fire entertainment' when we went for a drink after our dinner in Madrid. That was something I had never seen before. It made our drinks taste a lot better too!


9. The weather was also a plus when they were here--70's and sunny. We were lucky that we had such great weather and it was nice being able to walk around in t-shirts. The list could go on, but I will end with a few cute pictures from the trip: Colin trying to hide in the pillars in the castle in Lleida, La Seu Villa; Stacey and Colin in front of Park Montjuic in Barcelona; My sita and I at dinner. Muchas gracias for coming!!






*************************************************************************************
As I mentioned, Anne was here for 8 days before they arrived. She got a nice warm, welcome to Lleida on the morning she arrived. After 24 hours of traveling, we decided to go to the gym for some cardio, but after 30 min of cardio we were invited to do a weight workout with Javi's trainer, Dani, who I have worked out with before. Well, an hour later after getting our butts kicked by Dani, Anne was whipped and ready for a nap. She also fell into the trap of the dark rooms in Spain and slept for 6 hours.
It was also a lot of fun when Anne came to visit. We voyaged to Madrid and Barcelona, and I took her to a town on the beach called Tarragona one day where we ate some paella and relaxed in the sun. Anne was all up for trying new things and seemed to love everything she had. I also got her hooked on these ketchup flavored puffy chips called Apetinas that I am also addicted to here. I think I might have to start packing suitcases of Apetinas. Anne also experienced some 'pampering' in Europe. She got her hair cut and colored, took advantage of the cheap waxing, and got a facial. She was a new woman when she left and I am sure Parker was happy to see his lovely wife. Anne's trip definitely was a little different than Stacey and Colin's or let's just put it this way--I was kind of glad that Stacey was pregnant so I didn't have to go out! :) I was really glad Annie was able to come, we had an awesome time and I hope she can come back again.

Anne's hair before she got it cut




Anne's new hair do and us being silly in the castle

Night out in Lleida with Anne and my friends Chiska and Bonita


Attempting some jumping poses on the beach...I did't get a good one of us both in the air.


We were playing with the lighting in the castle and got some cool silhouette pics

On top of the Sagrade de la Familia in Barcelona


Of course we had to celebrate St Patty's Day with a beer and kebabs when she was here.. we even brought our own food coloring to make everything green. I am hoping to start a new tradition in Spain!


The morning she left to go back to the States. This was actually right on the beach in Badalona where Javi is from.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Good picture choices! Steph will be happy to see the karate chop! =) Thanks again for a wonderful trip...I think we are recovered...or we'll see how the first work day goes. As-is right now, I'm sitting here all ready for work and Miss Ellie is still zonked out! We wore her out swimming at the Tundra Lodge with the LeBoeufs last night =)

Stephanie said...

Yes I do like the karate chop picture which I think I will laugh at every time I see it! :) We should shave a bolt into the side of Colin's head :)

Journey to our baby said...

I love the story about the light bulb, I am still laughing! Great pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara and Javi,

Such nice pictures and stories with Stacey and Colin's visit. So glad you guys had a good time, but then you guys always do. Lots of memories! glad you had nice weather. It's been so cold here.

take care,
Love,Aunt Sandy

Anonymous said...

Oh, and another thing, I want to know why Stephanie doesn't have a blog going? She would be so good at it. She would have a blast.

Love,
Aunt Sandy

Stephanie said...

Aunt Sandy,

I don't have a blog because
1) I'm not married or have a new puppy.
2) I don't live in Spain.
3) I don't have children.

Once I have one of those I will consider it, until now I just like blog stalking.

Steph :)

Anonymous said...

But Stephanie you do such a great job. You don't have to be married or have a new dog to blog. (hey that rhymed) You would be a great blogger. I just know it.

Love,
Aunt Sandy