Monday, April 28, 2008

Here I Comeeeee!!

Well I have finally given into blogging! I figure this will be an easier way for everyone to know what is going on in my life and it saves me a lot of emails!! I also will have a lot more time on my hands since I will be 'out of action' for awhile. Last Friday I was a lucky girl-- broke my achilles tendon, had surgery on Saturday, and now have a cast on for 5 weeks. Here is a picture of my cast and the operation for y'all to see.




My time in the hospital passed pretty quickly. I had a lot of visitors, which I am very thankful for, otherwise it would have been a long two days. Javi's mom, Rosa, came for the weekend and my friends, Estela, Yadira, and Sara were at the hospital for the surgery and a lot of the weekend. I got a lot of chocolate from people (just what I need!), other goodies, and some magazines. The doctor came yesterday to check on everything and said everything was looking good and that I could go home instead of staying until Monday. However, I must say it is quite the challenge trying to do things with crutches. My right leg (buttcheek) is going to be really strong by the time this is over! Javi has been great about helping with things too even though he will never be quite as clean as me. I think we would be fighting every 2 seconds if I kept telling him ALL the things I wanted done :)






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 horn niceeeee

I'm the first to comment on your blogggg!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara......Hope all is well...and i suppose you are getting around on crutches???take it easy....nice blog....Now I have yet another blog to read......but I love them.....take care Sara and I will be reading your updates......Love Aunt Sandy

Stacey said...

Yeah!! Blogging is fun =) You have to explain 3 horn for everyone =)

Ms. Boyer said...

HAHAHA 3 Horn! I love it!!!!!! Seriously, your blog posts are going to start out all happy and such, than by like day 3, of not being able to work you will be like, well I'm on my 10,000 crunch for the day, I figured since I can't run 10 miles per day anymore I can just lay on the couch and do crunches! :)